Beglov did not rule out new measures due to the increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in St. Petersburg
The Governor of St. Petersburg, Alexander Beglov, said that if the city fails to stop the increase in the incidence of coronavirus infection COVID-19, then the authorities will be forced to introduce additional restrictions.
According to him, while hospitals are coping with the number of cases, but "the bed fund is not endless."
“Unfortunately, time confronts us with a choice between the life and health of citizens and the economy. We choose the life and health of Petersburgers, ”the press service quotes Beglova.
However, he called the situation with the coronavirus in St. Petersburg difficult.
“The situation in St. Petersburg is difficult, but so far the city is holding a blow,” said the Governor of St. Petersburg.
In St. Petersburg, 1485 cases of coronavirus were detected per day.
Since November 9, the city has suspended the work of food courts and food places, with the exception of those located at train stations, airports and gas stations.
In addition, the children's playrooms in the shopping center are temporarily closed, and mass events of more than 70 people in buildings are prohibited.